Dr. Sunil Arora – Renowned Gynecomastia Doctor in Jaipur
Need an appointment?
Drop your number, we'll call to Book!
Queries on recovery period?
MEET OUR DOCTOR
Dr. Sunil Arora
ALCS was established by Dr. Sunil Arora and he is a Chief Cosmetic Consultant. He has immense interest in different restorative medical procedures like body molding, liposuction, hair transplantation, breast remodelling and agumentation, corrective medical procedures, facial surgeries, Scars removal and Rhinoplasty.
Dr. Arora has worked as a junior resident in the dept of general surgery, SMS college Jaipur (2005). As a senior resident in the dept of general surgery he has provided his services in AIIMS New Delhi and C.S.M Lucknow respectively. For many aesthetic bodies and CMEs, Dr Arora has served as operating secretary. Currently, he is living in Jaipur and working as a plastic surgeon there.
Dr. Arora has done his residency as a junior assistant in the department of general medical surgery, SMS school Jaipur (2005). As a senior resident in the dept of general medical surgery, he has imparted his skillful hands in AIIMS, New Delhi and C.S.M Lucknow separately. For some aesthetic bodies and CMEs, Dr. Arora has filled in as working secretary. Presently, he is living in Jaipur and filling in as a well established plastic surgeon there.
Dr. Arora is a mastermind and a very efficient learner, he is a believer of coming of age research and development. He has been a part of different conferences and events managing plastic surgery procedures and hair transplant. He is dependably engrossed in research so as to serve as a helping hand with respect to the different issues holding humankind around the world. He has been, furthermore, effectively participating in numerous UG and PG courses, lectures, and informative tutorials.
According to the 100 percent positive criticism given by Dr. Arora’s patients, he was announced as the ‘Best plastic specialist’ in Rajasthan. India today Group likewise gave the title of ‘Visionaries of Rajasthan’ to Dr. Arora.
It’s not a piece of cake to pick the correct specialist so as to achieve a successful medical procedure of gynecomastia. There are sure options available which can enable you to locate the best specialist to treat your condition. Right off the bat, you should have a chat with your specialist about your medical problems and furthermore the probable risks involved in the medical procedure. One must go through an appropriate examination and research about the gynecomastia surgeon you are opting for. Ensure that the center is providing you with aftercare so as to check any sort of side effects. What’s more, out of all the critical inquiry to be solicited and examined is the expense from the medical procedure, ensure that you talk about it prior to the surgery.
- An expert and prepared staff – Hair transplantation isn’t a simple work and so as to get the best outcome, you ought to pick an experienced specialist. It’s vital to mind the qualifications and experience of the specialists before settling them.
- Aftercare offices and cleanliness – Hygiene is critical so as to shield yourself from any sort of disease. A decent facility is the one which gives a clean air and furthermore alongside it gives aftercare administrations to patients.
- A pre discussion is required before he hair transpiration in which the specialist investigations your scalp. Numerous centers are there which charge additional for that yet you ought to pick the one which gives a free consultation.
- Dr. Sunil Arora opines that there are no alternate ways to gaining knowledge and efficiency, a specialist whose essential objective is the wellbeing and efficient results shown on his patients. He has widespread experience in cosmetic medical procedure of the face, breast and body. He routinely goes to national and global conferences, workshops and meetings. This center is devoted to serve individuals from India and all over the world.
What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is a condition in which there is an enlargement or overdevelopment of the breast tissue in boys or men. The condition may affect one or both male breasts.
All boys are born with a small quantity of breast tissue, although the development of breast tissue in men will not occur in the same way as in women.
Men make a male sex hormone known as testosterone, which helps in their sexual growth during puberty. But men also make a small quantity of female sex hormone, known as estrogen, which is responsible for sexual growth in women.
The balance of these two hormones may change when a boy undergoes puberty or when less testosterone is made due to aging. This could lead to high levels of estrogen compared to testosterone, causing swelling of the breast tissue. There could also be other causes of gynecomastia besides hormonal fluctuations.
The condition can also be seen in newborn male babies due to the passage of the estrogen hormone from the mother to the child. However, this condition is usually temporary and disappears within two to three weeks on its own.
Approximately half of the boys in their adolescent years and about two-thirds of men above the age of 50 tend to have gynecomastia of some degree.
Symptoms of Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia may affect one or both male breasts. The condition may begin as a lump or fatty tissue beneath the nipple, which could be tender or sore, and the breasts then get larger, usually unevenly. Men having gynecomastia may show the following symptoms:
- Swelling of breast tissue
- Nipple sensitivity or tenderness on rubbing against clothes
- Breast tenderness
- Pain, especially in adolescents
- Nipple discharge (rare)
Dr. Sunil Arora can help the patient in identifying the symptoms associated with gynecomastia and also provide an early diagnosis and treatment plan for the condition.
Video: Who to consult for gynecomastia?
What are the Causes of Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia commonly develops due to hormonal changes in a man. However, the condition could develop due to other causes. The most common causes of gynecomastia include:
- Hormonal changes: An increase in the levels of estrogen hormone and a decrease in the levels of the testosterone hormone may result in gynecomastia. This is normally seen in the case of newborns, at puberty, and during old age.
- Use of certain medications: The intake of certain medications may result in gynecomastia. Some common medications that could lead to the development of gynecomastia include the following:
- Anabolic steroids and androgens
- AIDS medications
- Ulcer medications
- Anti-anxiety medications
- Chemotherapy drugs
- ADHD medications containing amphetamines
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Heart medications
- Stomach-emptying medications
- Use of recreational drugs and illicit drugs: Use of certain substances could lead to gynecomastia, which may include the following:
- Anabolic steroids
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Presence of certain health conditions: Many health conditions may affect the hormonal balance in a man, leading to gynecomastia. These health conditions may include the following:
- Obesity or overweight men
- Tumors affecting the testes, adrenal glands, or pituitary gland
- Liver failure
- Liver cirrhosis
- Kidney failure
- Use of certain herbal products: The use of plant oils like lavender oil and tea tree oil in shampoos, lotions, or soaps may cause gynecomastia due to their weak estrogenic activity.
Want to know more?
Drop your number, we'll call back.
Are You the Right Candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery?
There are a few criteria that need to be fulfilled to be the right candidate for undergoing gynecomastia surgery. These criteria include:
- A man having good overall health with no health conditions that could impact the surgery or healing
- A man who is not happy about his breast size or breast contours
- A man suffering from physical discomfort due to the enlarged breast size
- A man who tried non-surgical methods like following a healthy, balanced diet and a proper exercise regime, but has failed in reducing his breast size
- A man having a stable and moderate body weight
- A man who does not use illicit or recreational drugs, or is an alcoholic
- A man having realistic expectations from gynecomastia surgery
Get expert advice!
Leave your number for a call.
Which are the Different Types of Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia can be classified into different types based on the duration of the condition present, as well as the composition of the enlarged breast tissue. The different types of gynecomastia may include the following:
Gynecomastia Types Based on the Breast Tissue Composition
Gynecomastia can be of the following different types based on the composition of the male breast tissue:
- True gynecomastia: When there is excess growth of the glandular tissue in the male breast tissue, the condition is known as true gynecomastia.
- Pseudogynecomastia: An enlarged male breast tissue appearance due to the deposition of excess fat or adipose tissue in the male breast region is known as pseudogynecomastia.
- Mixed gynecomastia: When the male breast tissue is enlarged due to the deposition of fat and glandular tissue, the condition is known as mixed gynecomastia.
Types of Gynecomastia Depending on the Duration of the Condition
Gynecomastia can be classified into the following different types based on the period for which a man has had the condition:
- Florid gynecomastia: This is an early-stage type of gynecomastia, in which breast tissue enlargement has occurred for four months or less. It is characterized by an increase in the ductal tissue and vascular tissue.
- Fibrous gynecomastia: This stage is usually seen after one year and is characterized by the presence of few ducts, very little glandular or vascular tissue, and more stromal fibrosis.
- Intermediate gynecomastia: This stage denotes the progression of the florid type of gynecomastia to the fibrous type of gynecomastia.
What Happens in Gynecomastia Surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery can be performed using different techniques depending on the individual circumstances of a patient.
The procedure of gynecomastia surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia, which involves putting the patient to sleep before the procedure. In some cases, the procedure may be performed under local anesthesia with sedation, which involves numbing the treatment area and giving the patient sedatives to help them relax and feel calm during the procedure. The different techniques used for gynecomastia surgery are:
Liposuction Technique for Gynecomastia Surgery
This procedure is recommended when gynecomastia occurs primarily due to the excess fat tissue in the breasts.
The surgery involves the insertion of a thin, hollow metal cannula through several tiny incisions made by the surgeon in the breast region.
The cannula will then be moved back and forth in a controlled way to help in loosening the excess fat, which will be removed from the body using a vacuum suction.
Excision Technique for Gynecomastia Surgery
This technique is recommended when the excess glandular tissue in the breast region or the excess skin needs to be removed to treat gynecomastia.
Excision may also be needed if the nipple or areola needs repositioning.
The excision technique involves the removal of the excess breast tissue through several incisions made by the surgeon in the breast region.
Gynecomastia Surgery by Combination Technique
Sometimes, gynecomastia surgery is performed using a combination of the above two techniques.
Queries on success rate?
Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in Jaipur
The gynecomastia surgery cost in Jaipur generally varies from INR 30,000 to INR 1,00,000. This cost is only an approximate range. However, the cost will vary depending on several factors. The different factors that could affect the cost of gynecomastia surgery in Jaipur include:
- Experience of the surgeon: A more experienced and skilled surgeon will have higher consultation and treatment charges compared to a lesser experienced surgeon.
- Hospital location: Private hospitals located in prime locations will charge more for gynecomastia surgery compared to government-run hospitals situated in a lesser-developed area.
- Severity of the condition: The more the severity of gynecomastia present, the more extensive will be the surgery needed to treat it. The cost of gynecomastia surgery is therefore higher in severe cases of gynecomastia.
- Surgical technique used: Liposuction is less invasive and therefore less costly than the excision technique. The combination technique will cost more compared to liposuction or excision alone.
- Cost of medicines: The cost of the medicines and anesthesia given before, during, and after the procedure will be added to the total cost of the procedure.
- Diagnostic tests: The cost of the diagnostic tests recommended before the surgery will be added to the total cost of gynecomastia surgery. This cost will vary among different hospitals.
- Follow-up appointments: The cost of the follow-up appointments with the surgeon after the procedure will be added to the total cost of gynecomastia surgery.
Questions on Cost?
Pre-Surgery Preparations for Gynecomastia Surgery
The patient must discuss his goals, treatment options, and medical history with the surgeon before undergoing gynecomastia surgery.
Preparation is an important part of gynecomastia surgery as it can increase the chances of a patient achieving the desired results and also minimize the risk of developing complications after the surgery.
The preparation for gynecomastia surgery includes the following:
- Get a medical evaluation by the doctor and undergo the recommended lab tests and diagnostic tests
- Stop smoking fifteen days before gynecomastia surgery
- Avoid alcohol consumption for a minimum of one week before gynecomastia surgery
- Stop taking blood thinners like aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs a few days before the surgery, according to the doctor’s recommendations, to reduce the risk of bleeding
Post-Surgery Instructions for Gynecomastia Surgery
The recovery following gynecomastia surgery may vary among different individuals depending on the health of the patient and how well the patient follows the post-surgery instructions. However, most patients recover completely after four to six weeks of gynecomastia surgery.
The post-surgical instructions following gynecomastia surgery include the following:
- The patient needs to be on a liquid diet immediately after the surgery and gradually move to a semi-solid and solid diet.
- The patient needs to take pain-relieving medications after the surgery to relieve the pain and discomfort after the procedure.
- The patient needs to wear a compression garment for twenty-four hours a day for the first week following gynecomastia surgery to decrease the swelling and bruising after the surgery. The duration can be reduced to eighteen hours a day in the second week after the surgery, and, usually, after the third week the compression garment can be replaced with more comfortable clothing.
- The patient can start doing moderate form of exercises like brisk walking one day after gynecomastia surgery to avoid the development of blood clots.
- Most patients need to take off from work for two to three days after gynecomastia surgery.
- Strenuous activities and heavy lifting should be avoided by the patient for a few days after the surgery.
- The incision area needs to be kept clean using water daily. The doctor will prescribe an antibiotic ointment to apply on the incision area and change the dressing frequently.
- Blood thinning medications need to be stopped for a few days after the surgery, according to the recommendations of the doctor.
- Alcohol consumption and smoking are prohibited for at least three days after gynecomastia surgery.
- The patient needs to attend regular follow-up appointments with the doctor to ensure a smooth and quick recovery.
- The patient needs to maintain a healthy lifestyle and stay hygienic during the recovery period.
Queries on recovery period?
How to Choose the Best Doctor for Gynecomastia Surgery in Jaipur?
You need to consult a good plastic surgeon for undergoing gynecomastia surgery in Jaipur. By choosing a good plastic surgeon you can increase your chances of a successful surgery. It is important to consider the following factors while choosing the best doctor for gynecomastia surgery in Jaipur:
- Credentials of the doctor: It is important to check the credentials of the doctor, which include the doctor’s training, a valid practicing license, board certifications, and malpractice claims.
- Experience and expertise of the doctor: A doctor having at least eight to ten years of experience in performing gynecomastia surgery should be preferred to ensure superior surgical skills and improved outcomes, with a reduced risk of developing complications.
- Affiliation with hospital/clinic: It is important to check if the doctor selected for gynecomastia surgery runs his or her private practice or is affiliated with a hospital. In both cases, it is important to check the reputation of the hospital or clinic, and if the treatment center is known to have good healthcare facilities and equipment.
- Reviews and testimonials: You can check the testimonials, reviews, and before and after photographs of previous patients treated by the same doctor online on the website of the hospital or the doctor to get an idea about the treatment experience of some of the patients under the same doctor.
- Comfort during consultation: The initial consultation with the doctor should be comfortable for you and you should be able to get all your queries regarding the surgery resolved before you decide to undergo the procedure under the same doctor.
Dr. Sunil Arora is considered to be one of the best surgeons for gynecomastia surgery in Jaipur. With more than 16 years of experience, he can provide you with the best treatment outcome for gynecomastia surgery.
Video: Dr. Sunil Arora on his views about gynecomastia surgery
“Let’s improve lives, let’s turn frowns into smiles and let us open
doors for more happiness through honest and passionate plastic