Planning To Get A Otoplasty Surgery?
Otoplasty denotes the surgical and non-surgical procedures for correcting the deformities and defects of the pinna, and for reconstructing a defective, or deformed, or absent external ear, consequent to congenital conditions and trauma. ALCS offers the best Otoplasty Surgery in Jaipur.
Why Choose ALCS?
Need an appointment?
Drop your number, we'll call to Book!
Queries on recovery period?
DO YOU NEED OTOPLASTY SURGERY?
Otoplasty in Jaipur additionally includes ear/earlobe reduction and cauliflower ear operation to eliminate and recontour extra cartilage and skin. Since the ears are extremely notable, many cosmetic ear surgery patients undergo a substantial increase in assurance and self-esteem when their ears are given a more desired look.
What Is Otoplasty?
Otoplasty also called a ‘bat ear surgery,’ is a procedure to reshape or reposition the ears for aesthetic or functional reasons. This procedure is also known as Pinnaplasty and can be surgical or non-surgical. It helps in correcting structural anomalies of the ear that affect hearing and correct ear deformities such as prominent ears or issues related to symmetrical positioning of ears.
In many people, prominent ears are a cause of low self-esteem. The ears protrude more than usual from the head. Otoplasty surgery helps to fix the shape of the ears by bringing more balance and proportion to the face and ears.
Otoplasty surgery is also performed to correct congenital ear deformities and asymmetry. Depending on the complexity of the ear concern, the surgery will be performed under either local or general anesthesia.
During an Otolpasty procedure, the surgeon makes small cuts behind the ear to reach and change the ear’s cartilage. It helps improve the overall appearance of the ears.
Want to know more?
Drop your number, we'll call back.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Otoplasty?
Any healthy individual over five years old with ear position or size issues can choose Otoplasty surgery. A good candidate for the procedure should not have any chronic ear infection or life-threatening illness.
Individuals with smoking habits will be advised to stop smoking at least four weeks prior to the surgery. Blood thinning medication like Aspirin should be avoided days before the Otoplasty.
Some other factors to decide in an individual for Otoplasty are:
- Having congenital ear deformities.
- The ears protrude excessively or are asymmetrical.
- Pregnant or breast-feeding mothers
- Having issues with hearing
Queries on success rate?
Leave your number for a call.
How Is Otoplasty Surgery Performed?
Otoplasty is a minor procedure usually done under local anesthesia. However, in children, general anesthesia is preferred. It is an outpatient procedure and can be completed in less than two hours. Here’s a brief description of the steps involved in Otoplasty.
- The first step includes the administration of local or general anesthesia before the procedure to ensure the patient’s comfort during the surgery.
- Small incisions are made either at the back of the ear or on the ear folds to correct the deformities.
- Depending on the problem to be treated, the surgeon corrects the position and shape of the ear. It can be :
- Excess cartilage removal in prominent ear issues.
- Creation of folds in the ear if they are absent.
- Shaping of cartilage with permanent tissues, etc.
- After the correction procedure, the incisions are stitched, and the ears are secured with a turban-style bandage. The patient can head home soon after.
How Much Otoplasty Surgery Costs In Jaipur?
The cost of otoplasty surgery in Jaipur can differ based on various factors. The total fee typically includes the doctor’s charges, anesthesia, operating room facilities, and other related expenses. The specific condition of the ears also influences the overall cost.
Patients should know that the cost may vary between surgeons and locations. The surgery’s complexity and the individual case’s specific requirements can impact the overall expenses.
Usually, health plans don’t pay for surgeries to enhance aesthetic appeal. But, if surgery is needed to ease medical problems or improve hearing, it might be covered. Hence, checking your insurance before the surgery and getting approval is always important.
At ALCS, we deliver affordable yet personalized treatment options by considering our patients’ preferences and financial considerations.
Questions on Cost?
What Is The Post-Operative Care for Otoplasty Surgery?
Adhering to strict post-operative care is important in quick and smooth healing following ear correction surgery. Patients are advised to keep the incision sites clean and dry to prevent infection. The surgical site can be gently cleaned with mild soap and water and patted dry with a soft cloth.
The patient must wear an elastic bandage on the corrected ear for a few days to aid the healing process. Later, external stitches will be removed, and lighter dressing will be done on the ear. The results of the treatment are visible immediately after Otoplasty Surgery.
Pain medications and antibiotics should be taken to reduce discomfort and prevent infection. Any strenuous activities that stress the ears should be avoided for a few weeks. Generally, there will be minimal to no scarring, and the surgery gives a natural look to the ears.
ALCS schedules follow-up appointments to ensure our patient’s recovery process is smooth and quick.
What Complications Can Occur?
While Otoplasty surgery is considered a safe and quick procedure, some complications can arise from the procedure like:
- Straining the surgical site may result in bleeding.
- Infections can occur when proper hygiene and wound care practices are not followed.
- Sometimes, scarring can occur, which eventually fades off.
- Ear asymmetry can occur if an inexperienced surgeon performs the procedure.
- Temporary or permanent changes in sensation and numbness may occur.
- The patient may not achieve the desired aesthetic outcome.
To reduce these risks, always choose a skilled surgeon and follow the post-operative care diligently.
With over 19 years of experience in various cosmetic surgeries, ALCS clinic offers the best Otoplasty surgery in Jaipur. Our before-and-after photos of Otoplasty Surgery and patient testimonials are proof of our successful transformations and satisfied clients.
Get expert advice!
Leave your number for a call.
Why Choose The Alcs Clinic In Jaipur For Otoplasty Surgery?
ALCS offers the highest quality Otoplasty surgery in Jaipur, with results exceeding patients’ expectations. We understand that every patient’s needs are unique, and our surgeons will have a personalized plan that meets your individual goals. Here are a few reasons why people prefer ALCS Clinic for Otoplasty.
Expert Surgeon: Dr. Sunil Arora is a board-certified plastic surgeon and one of India’s most extensively trained cosmetic surgeons. The clinic boasts over 19 years of experience in cosmetic and Otoplasty Surgery.
Cutting-edge infrastructure: The ALCS Clinic has a modern facility with the latest technology that meets global standards.
Skilled Medical Team: A caring and skilled medical team assists Dr. Sunil Arora in ensuring our patients the best treatment and support.
Provide Outstanding Service: We’ve helped over 12,000 happy customers, and our clinic has received 100 percent positive feedback from people who have done various cosmetic procedures at ALCS.
Affordable Care: At ALCS Clinic, our focus is on patient-centered care. We provide budget-friendly treatments without sacrificing procedure quality.
Security and Cleanliness: The clinic upholds top-notch safety and hygiene standards, guaranteeing ethical procedures.
Speak with our skilled medical team today to learn more about Otoplasty Surgery and other cosmetic services available.
SEE WHAT OUR PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY
201 Total Reviews
MEET OUR DOCTOR
Dr. Sunil Arora
Get expert advice!
Leave your number for a call.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are three different types of Otoplasty
- Ear augmentation – This type is advisable when one’s pinna is non-existent or underdeveloped.
- Otopexy – This type occurs when a person’s protruding ears are very flattened.
- Ear reduction – This happens when one’s pinna is overly big.
The advantage of otoplasty surgery in Jaipur is that it may reshape and reposition the ears to make them conducive to the full face. This procedure can thus boost confidence and remove the negative emotional effects brought on by bullying and teasing.
- Upon consultation, patient will be able to go over all expectations with physician and can together decide ideal choices.
- One may stay home for a minimum of five days following the operation.
- Kids should stay home from college for a minimum of one week and restrict their actions.
- The real operation will normally last 1 – 3 hours, depending on the complexity of the process basis individual case and the physician will discuss all this.
- For adults, the physician may use local anesthesia with a sedative or general anesthesia.
- A kid will generally get general anesthesia to make sure he or she’ll remain and comfortable during the process.
- When the individual is receiving general anesthesia, he or she’s not permitted to drink or eat after midnight the evening before the operation, or the dawn of their operation. The final meal the evening before operation should be quite light.
- Patient needs to make certain to wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes. Don’t wear a shirt having a collar that is restrictive ideally, one needs to wear a button-down shirt. This is particularly crucial for kids as you do not wish to unnecessary effect on the operation site.
- Most operations will be finished in a couple of hours and patient is able to go home the exact same day. It is a fantastic idea to have somebody to take patient home and stay with one of the first night post-surgery.
Otoplasty surgery cost in Jaipur can vary widely. The typical fee will depend on condition, doctors’ charges, anesthesia, operating room facilities or other relevant expenses. A physician’s fee for cosmetic ear surgery is going to be contingent on her or his expertise, the sort of process used and the geographical office area.
Otoplasty cost may include:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Hospital or surgical center Expenses
- Anesthesia charges
- Prescriptions for medicine
- Post-surgery clothes
- Medical evaluations
When picking a board-certified plastic surgeon locally for ear surgery, remember that the surgeon’s expertise and your comfort with the surgeon are equally significant as the ﬁnal expense of the operation.
Is cosmetic ear surgery covered by medical insurance?
Most health care plans won’t cover optional operation, related complications or another operation to revise the visual appeal of your ears. Some processes may be covered by health insurance, especially when it’s done to ease medical symptoms or to revive hearing purpose. Pre-certiﬁcation is frequently required for coverage or reimbursement. Make sure to seek advice from insurance provider in advance of any operation.
Once discharged from the clinic or hospital, patent will need to have a dressing on the ear. The physician will give a do’s and don’ts for another week or two following the process including how to deal with the dressing. Ordinarily, most patients are counseled by the physician to use the dressing to get a week following the operation, but this might vary slightly based on the area of the surgical process and the physician will offer the precise instruction. One must discuss with physician for the best directions.
Otoplasty poses different risks
- Scarring – While scars are permanent, they will probably be concealed behind your ears within your ears’ internal creases.
- Asymmetry in ear positioning – This may happen because of changes throughout the recovery procedure. Additionally, surgery may not successfully fix pre-existing asymmetry.
- Changes in the skin feeling – Throughout otoplasty surgery in Jaipur, the repositioning of your own ears may temporarily impact skin feeling in the region. Paradoxically, changes are permanent.
- Issues with stitches – Stitches used to affix the ear’s brand new contour may work their way into the top layer of the skin and also have to be eliminated. This may result in redness of the skin. Consequently, you may need an additional operation.
- Overcorrection – Otoplasty can make unnatural shapes which make ears seem to be trapped back.
- Risk of Bleeding / Infection / Anesthesia reaction– Like every other kind of big surgery, otoplasty poses a risk of bleeding, infection and a negative reaction to anesthesia.
Additionally, it is likely to have an allergic response to the surgical tape or other substances utilized during or following the procedure.
Let’s Be Social:
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
Queries on success rate?