Hair fall is a common problem among men and women that becomes a cause of stress, anxiety, depression, and low-confidence. That is why people look for various hair transplant treatments to attain the desired hair growth. There are many hair transplantation techniques that provide effective and safe treatments for hair fall problems.
It becomes imperative to choose the most appropriate method to achieve natural-looking hair and have healthy hair. If you conduct online or offline research, you see many options available for hair transplant treatments. This article will talk about the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique, which is considered the most effective procedures for hair transplant. We will also throw light on how it is different from the other techniques of hair treatment.
- What is an FUE hair transplant?
FUE is a technique which is used to obtain natural-looking hair for people who suffer from the problem of hair loss. Under the FUE method, hair grafts are extracted one by one and further planted into the scalp. This method does not require any removal of skin which ensures safety in the procedure. Due to this, no scars or bruises are seen after the treatment, and the individual gets natural-looking results without any pain or cuts.
FUE is quite similar to FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation), and both these techniques guarantee natural and desired hair look. The implantation process of both these techniques is also similar where hair follicles are extracted artistically in the recipient side. However, there are specific differences between these two techniques, and one must consider all pros and cons before making a final decision.
- How hair follicles are extracted?
In FUE hair transplant techniques, the surgeon extracts the hair strands one by one using minimally invasive techniques. Since the hair is extracted separately, the procedure lasts for several hours. In contrast to this, the FUT method involves the removal of hair at once. Due to its quick procedure, it hardly takes 15 to 30 minutes to do the whole job.
For hair implantation purposes, a team of skilled and qualified doctors prepare the area for grafts implantation. Doctors use stereo microscopes and incisions to perform this job. They make all the treated areas ready for implantation and ensure that they remain in optimal condition.
- How are hair follicles implanted?
In an FUE technique, the surgeon first prepares the follicular grafts to be implanted. Once these hair grafts are ready, small cuts or scars are made in the bald areas. These regions are called recipient areas as new hair follicles are implanted here. Surgeons make sure that the hair follicles implanted in the bald areas should match your natural hair growth pattern.
At ALCS Clinic in Jaipur, India, our team of experienced surgeons strategically place follicular grafts one by one with excellent skills and artistry. They place grafts to acquire a natural and denser look of our hair.
- What are the various advantages of FUE technique?
FUE technique is considered a more effective and advanced treatment for hair loss problems. It overcomes the shortcomings of other hair transplant techniques and offers various benefits to individuals. Some of the most prominent advantages of FUE technique are summarized below.
- Shorter stay in the hospital: As FUE technique involves a less invasive procedure, there are no significant cuts or scars made. The recovery time is also minimal, and individuals can resume their daily lives soon.
- No prominent scarring: FUE method does not involve any scarring or cuts. Therefore, individuals do not need to worry about visible scars that add an abysmal look to their appearance. After an FUE procedure, you may have tiny dots which will be easily covered with even shorter hair.
- Less numbness or discomfort: In every hair transplant technique, local anesthesia is used on the patient, which causes numbness. The primary purpose of giving anesthesia to the patient is to numb the areas where incisions will be made. In FUE technique, normal scalp feels very little numbness and return to their senses quickly.
- Physical activity: After the treatment, the doctor will tell you not to perform any strenuous exercises for at least two weeks. Excessive workout and sweating can endanger the follicular grafts and stitches may get widen or loose. That is why you are required to avoid any physical activity for 8 to 10 days after the treatment.