The Cost of Hair Transplantation in Turkey
Hair transplant as a surgical intervention to fight permanent hair loss has grown tremendously popular in the recent past. And Turkey has been at the forefront of this change. The hair transplant in Turkey is in demand not just with the local population, but also foreigners, who find the hair transplant cost in Turkey much more affordable than their own countries.
As per a recent analysis, the overall cost of a hair transplant in Turkey works out to approximately $1500 for an average of 3000 grafts. This is considerably lower than the costs in some of the Western countries, where this can go as high as up to $16000. The attractive pricing as well as the add-on services being offered make people go for this option. Some of the add-on services included by different hospitals for hair transplant in Turkey include
- Luxurious accommodation (for a period of 2 days)
- Translator Services
- Private transfers
- FUE and PRP procedure specialists
- Pre and post-operative services as well as special items like shampoo and masks that may be needed
Average cost of a Hair Transplant in the United States of America(USA)
A pioneer of the procedure, there are approximately 250,000 hair transplant surgeries that take place in a year in The United States of America (USA). The quality of doctors as well as the medical facilities is excellent. However, the one factor that becomes prohibitive for people is the hair transplant cost in US. The average cost of a hair transplant in US works out to be in the range of $16000, which becomes unaffordable for most people. Thus, they try to figure out options of getting the procedure done in a country where the overall costs are much lower.
Hair Transplant cost in India refer to Estimated hair transplant cost in India
Hair transplant in India has become quite a popular choice not just for the local population, but also the people visiting India from other countries. Medical tourism in India has received a major boost, thanks to the growing popularity and the lower hair transplant cost in India.
The cost of a transplant are generally calculated depending on the number of grafts required and hence can vary from person to per. In the US, per graft cost comes somewhere from $8 to $12, however, when going for a hair transplant in India, the cost works out to be $0.35 to $0.45. With such a minimal cost, it is obvious that India becomes a prominent choice for anyone looking for a hair transplant.
Another important factor that indirectly contributes to the hair transplant cost in India, is the availability of skilled and trained support staff to assist the doctor. The quality of professionals is what makes hair transplant in India, stand out from the rest of the crowd.
What factors determine the cost of Hair Transplant?
Whether you are considering Turkey, US or are just exploring the hair transplant cost in India, it is important to understand what factors are considered for calculating the cost of hair transplant. Below is an indicative list of some of the major factors that directly or indirectly impact the overall cost of the procedure
- Qualification of the Surgeon: A potentially life and appearance altering treatment, the qualification of the surgeon becomes critical for the success of the hair transplant. Hence, the qualification and experience of the surgeon is extremely important.
- Technique Used: There are various techniques for hair transplant as developed over the years, with FUT and FUE being the most commonly used ones. FUE being the newer and comparatively advantageous technology is slightly more expensive than FUT.
- Quality of Donor Hair: The quality and density of hair on the donor area of the patient is extremely critical for the procedure and thus an important component of the cost calculation.
- Number of Sittings: It may be possible that the patient requires more than one sitting for the entire procedure. Hence, the cost may vary depending on the number of sittings required for the particular patient.
- Location of the Facility: An important factor is the location of the medical facility where the actual operation takes place. The facility at a Tier 2 city may cost much lesser than that at a metro city.