Arm fat surgery or arm lift surgery is a part of a cosmetic procedure that aims to contour your arms. It removes your arms’ excess fat and muscles and redefines their shape. As it is a surgical procedure, you must know the recovery tips after undergoing the process.
Tips for recovering after arm surgery
- After arm lift surgery, give proper rest to your body and sleep as much as you can. When you provide adequate rest to your body, the tissues heal well.
- Find the correct sleeping position to provide proper rest to your body. After the surgery, you may encounter challenges while placing your hands correctly.
- Keep good care of your hands and arms after surgery, as mishandling them may hamper the surgery’s result.
The surgery removes the flab from your arms and provides a contoured appearance. If you must undergo the procedure, you may contact ALCS India.
Preparing for arm lift surgery
You can prepare for an arm lift surgery by:
- Provide the correct information to your surgeon. Do not conceal any facts and let them look at your medical history. If you have an existing medical condition, discuss it with your surgeon.
- Discuss your expectations with your surgeon. If you have set unrealistic expectations from the surgery, your doctor will clear your doubts and help you understand the procedure better.
- Do not smoke before and after your surgery, as nicotine consumption may delay recovery.
- Do not take aspirin and blood-thinning medications before and after the surgery.
- Try to rest for 1-2 weeks after the surgery.
- Ask for help from your friends and family.
- Take someone with you to the hospital. It would be best to have someone drive you home after the procedure.
You do not need to rest in the hospital after the arm lift surgery. As it only takes 2-3 hours to undergo surgery, you may return to your home after the procedure. The surgery adds firmness to your arms and makes them toned. In addition, excess fat and tissue removal make your arms look better.
What can you expect after the arm lift surgery?
After arm fat surgery, you must be ready to wear a compression garment. Moreover, you will notice bandages on the surgical site. The compression garment controls the swelling and provides comfort. During the procedure, you are given anaesthesia doses. However, the sedatives and post-operative pain will make you uncomfortable for some time. Therefore, it is essential to contact someone to drive you home. Moreover, you will require external help during the first two weeks after arm reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the procedure, your surgeon will advise you on various after-care tips. One of those tips includes drinking enough fluid after the treatment. Moreover, you must not lift heavy weights right after the treatment. In addition, eat a nutritious diet to aid the recovery process. The surgery offers numerous benefits, but if you are concerned about arm lift surgery costs, you may contact ALCS Clinic.
Recovery after arm lift surgery
If you have undergone surgery to remove arm fat, you must be wanting a quick recovery after the procedure. However, the total recovery time depends on your overall health condition. Moreover, your body’s healing abilities and surgery’s extent also decide the recovery timeline.
After arm reduction surgery, you will experience pain near the incisions. Due to anaesthesia usage, you may feel nauseous and dizzy; however, you may control the discomfort by taking proper care of your body. In addition, your surgeon may put a surgical drain near the incision site to collect the pus or other fluids. You may see an improvement at the surgical site after two weeks. So it is crucial to take utmost care during that time.
The surgery to remove arm fat offers exceptional results when you take care of your body. So do not lift your arms above your head or indulge in stressful activities during the recovery period. Moreover, do not raise your arms to perform any restrictive movement. In addition, wear a compression bandage to prevent swelling and to bruise at the surgical site. You may use this garment for up to six weeks for the best results.
Resting and sleeping after arm lift surgery
Try to sleep on your back in a reclined position while keeping your hands above your heads. You may use small pillows to support your hands while sleeping. If you keep your hands elevated, you can reduce the inflammation in the nearby tissues. Try to go for walks to reduce the chances of blood clots after invisible arm lift surgery. Moreover, change your dressings after taking a bath.
If you want to undergo an arm lift procedure at an affordable price, you may contact ALCS Clinic. Invisible arm lift surgery is effective for anyone with excess arm fats and loose skin around the arms. However, if you want to know the estimated arm surgery costs before undergoing surgery, you may contact us.