Top 9 Tips To Prevent Swelling After Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant has evolved over a while, and now the latest technique has evolved the least invasive procedure. However, no matter how minimally invasive the surgical procedure is, it will always involve some risk, swelling and pain, which is not permanent and will disappear with time.
The good news is, stated below are a few simple steps that will help you prevent swelling after undergoing hair transplant surgery. Immediately after undergoing a hair transplant procedure, most people experience some swelling that may impact the forehead and even eyes. That may deliver you a strange appearance, but there is nothing to worry about the condition as that will disappear with time. However, in this article, we will be discussing the causes behind swelling and some prevention tips after undergoing hair transplant surgery.
What is the swelling?
Swelling is a painful condition that leads to the enlargement of the affected area. So swelling is the way that your body’s way of reacting to a specific condition or trauma. This might be another reason that an injury can quickly turn up to infection and swelling. One of the most common causes of swelling is fluid retention resulting from administering anaesthesia and other medications to the area of treatment. A lot of fluid and medicines are injected into the head before starting the surgical procedure. However, it has been found that choosing a hair transplant clinic and an experienced surgeon will help to reduce the swelling and risk of infection. In that case, clinics like ALCS in Jaipur are the best options that you may choose to undergo a safe surgical procedure.
Tips that can help alleviate swelling
Patients who have recently experienced a hair transplant procedure consult with their doctors when they experience excessive swelling right near their forehead and around their eyes.
There are specific ways that can help to minimize and prevent the swelling-
- Cold compress– One of the best hacks that can help reduce your pain after a hair transplant is a cold compress. This can help reduce the puffiness around the eyes. A cold compress constricts the blood vessels near the eye and prevents the puffiness around your eye. However, you must remember that the use of cold compress can broadly impact the new hair follicles’ growth.
- Avoid vigorous exercise– This is one of the essential parts of your daily routine, especially after undergoing a hair transplant procedure as the sweating. All can lead to damage to the newly transplanted hair follicles. But don’t worry, you may also be able to resume regular activities within 3 to 4 days after undergoing the hair transplant procedure, which may noticeably increase the swelling.
- Keep your head elevated– After undergoing any surgery, your surgeon will recommend you to sleep with your head elevated, and this is where your head should stay up even while you sleep. Bending down or weight lifting must also be avoided strictly to ensure a safe recovery period.
- Drink a lot of water– Keeping your body hydrated after any surgery is very important as water helps to flush out the liquid injected into the head during surgery, which will also help reduce the swelling.
- Continue with massage- A tender massage on the scalp can help propel the fluid under the skin that may reduce the inflammation, but you must avoid touching the treated area.
- Take your medicines on time- While going through your recovery period, you must strictly follow the instructions and take medications provided by your surgeon.
- Sleep on your back– After undergoing a hair transplant surgery, you must make sure that you should never sleep on your stomach as that will affect the newly transplanted hair follicles present at your forehead.
- Eat healthily– You must avoid having excessive oily and spicy food after experiencing a hair transplant procedure that will impact your recovery period.
- Avoid smoking and drinking– Finally, the most crucial thing that must be followed during the recovery period is to avoid smoking and drinking alcohol as that may interfere with the overall healing process.
At ALCS hair clinic in Jaipur, you will be able to meet some of the best hair transplant surgeons who will assist you during the entire journey of hair transplant.