Hair fall and pattern baldness are quite prevalent in India, with millions affected by hair-related issues around the country. In the olden times, baldness used to be for life, as there was nothing they could do about it.
But it is not a topic of worry anymore. The new hair transplant techniques have ensured that patients would have their hair in its full strength in just a few months.
A surgery that extracts the hair follicles from a donor area like the sides or back of the head and plants them back into the receiver area like the scalp is called hair transplantation surgery.
Here are a few of the hair transplantation methods that can help you with the pattern baldness with minimally invasive procedures:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT): In this technique, the surgeon removes a thin strip of hair-abundant skin from the donor area like the sides and back of the head. Then they extract the hair follicles individually and implant them onto the scalp. Although FUT is not the newest hair transplant technology, it is quite effective and a relatively cheaper one on the list. But it might leave a noticeable scar on the donor area after the procedure and can be pretty painful.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): It is one of the latest hair transplant techniques in the industry. In this method, the surgeon extracts the hair follicles from the donor area individually. Then they are implanted back onto the receiver area, such as the scalp. The patients prefer it for its ability to provide effective results without inducing too much pain. Moreover, unlike the FUT method, there is no apparent scar on the donor area.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Method: In this technique, a sample of blood is drawn from your body. The blood cells and the platelet-rich plasma are separated through a centrifuge. The plasma is then injected into the receiver area with baldness. It promotes hair growth by reviving the dormant hair follicles. This latest hair transplant technology is almost risk-free. Doctors have used it for other medical conditions like joint issues, erectile dysfunction, etc., but it has only recently been used for hair treatment.
- Stem Cell Hair Transplant: Stem Cell Hair Transplant, the newest hair transplant technology, is effective for people suffering from pattern baldness. The doctor extracts a few hair follicles from the patient’s donor area, like the sides and back of the head. After that, they are multiplied or cloned in a lab and implanted back onto the scalp, just like the Follicular Unit Extraction method.
- Automated Neograft Hair Transplant: Another latest hair transplant technology, Automated Neograft Hair Transplant, is the enhanced version of follicular unit extraction. Instead of going through an arduous and meticulous process of extracting every hair follicle by hand, automated Neograft hair transplantation is conducted by a thin rod-like apparatus. It suctions the hair follicles and implants them automatically without the need for individual incisions for transplantation.
- ARTAS iX: The ARTAS iX hair transplant technique is a precise and minimally invasive method combining robotics and artificial intelligence. Using advanced robotics, it scans and extracts the best hair grafts from the donor areas several times. After that, it analyses the best possible position for implanting each follicle to achieve the best results. It provides the patients with a smooth hair transplant.
- BioGraft Hair Transplant: BioGraft method uses the traditional hair transplant techniques such as FUE or FUT, then blends the existing natural and transplanted hair into one seamless form with the help of a technology called strands. It ensures no apparent difference in the styling, shades or texture of the implanted and existing hair. The little details like where the hair folds and how they curl are focused on providing the patients with a seamless hairstyle.
The selection of these new hair transplants is decided after the consultation with the doctor, as they would be able to provide you with the necessary information and determine which one is the best for you.
A few of the factors that dictate the success of a hair transplant procedure are as follows:
- The technique used for hair transplantation.
- Surgeon conducting the procedure.
- Infrastructure and technology used by the healthcare facility of your choice.
- After-care followed by the patient after the procedure.
Are you looking for a hair transplant? Then come over to ALCS India for the latest hair restoration techniques. Our experts will provide you with all the necessary information and ensure that you have the best and most indistinguishable hairstyle post-procedure.