When it comes to the success rate of hair transplant, it’s imperative to understand what ‘success’ means in this regard. The opinions of the clients matter about the results because every client has a different condition and requirement. So, the physician must prepare a customised plan and strategy for individual clients based on their needs and hair condition.
Almost all hair transplant surgeons take 90% as the lowest acceptable threshold. However, the ideal hair transplant success rate ranges from 95%-98%. The doctor’s expertise in using the technology plays a crucial role in determining the success rate.
Patients who want dense and natural hair choose a surgical hair transplant because it’s a permanent solution. Take a look at different factors that affect the success rate of hair transplant.
Since patients invest financially and emotionally in hair transplant, it’s common that they would like to know about the success rate. Here are some points to consider when thinking about the effectiveness of hair transplant and how successful it was.
- Before you judge the success rate for a hair transplant, you must wait until the complete growth of the transplant.
- It’s also important to consider the skill and experience of the surgeon who will perform the transplant. Additionally, you should also consider the technology used for transplanting hair.
- Reputable hair transplant surgeons always aim to meet real expectations; they don’t promise falsely.
- For a 100% success rate, the hair transplant surgery must prepare a personalised technique and recovery strategy for different patients.
- Apart from hair transplant, it’s also essential to take care of hair fall and other problems.
These are some crucial factors that determine the success rate of hair transplant. Apart from these, the procedure of hair transplant is also vital. So, let’s take a look at how it can affect hair restoration.
Selection of Hair Transplant Procedure
The hair transplant procedure is also a crucial factor that indicates the success rate. Patients must understand the different procedure by consulting with the expert and discuss which method can bring them the best results.
For example, the FUT method has a success rate of 95-98% if done effectively. Sometimes the success rate also reaches 100% due to the transfer of follicular graft. On the other hand, the fue method results in a comparatively lower success rate of hair transplant. Remember, it requires multiple sessions for effective results on hair transplant.
Studies show that the success rate of hair restoration surgery depends on the growth of implanted hairs in the transplanted area, which is around 85-95%. However, some patients fear graft rejection. Remember, it is less likely to be rejected if you choose the fue method for hair transplant. Furthermore, it largely depends on the surgeon you choose for a hair transplant. So, let’s see how to choose the right hair transplant surgeon.
Choose the Right Hair Transplant Surgeon
The success rate of a hair transplant mainly depends on the surgeon you choose for your transplantation. Even though most surgeons claim a 98% success rate, their skills, experience, and technology they use can help you decide the right surgeon. Here are some critical factors to note before choosing a hair transplant surgeon.
- A good surgeon will first check and decide whether you should transplant hair. The right surgeon never makes you set idealistic expectations during your diagnosis.
- If the surgeon determines that the treatment standards are appropriate after checking the donor’s hair level, he or she can ensure at least a 95% success rate.
- Before you choose a surgeon, you must meet the surgeon by making an appointment for an initial consultation.
- Remember, if you have more hair loss, the chances are less you will be selected for a hair transplant. So, it’s better to consult a surgeon when you are in the initial stages of hair loss.
The female hair transplant success rate is also not much different than male. So, you should find the right surgeon by considering these above factors.
The success rate of hair transplant is not just about choosing the best surgeons and procedures. It’s also essential that you remain confident and trust the process and the doctor you choose for a hair transplant. To end, you must have realistic expectations from the results of the procedure.