Rhinoplasty is one of the most common surgeries performed by plastic surgeons. However, do not hesitate and consider yourself alone because a considerable number of patients all around the world opt for this procedure.
Both genders can get a rhinoplasty. It can be done for aesthetic purposes and has many other benefits. For example, rhinoplasty helps in fixing breathing issues. In some cases, reshaping the nose through rhinoplasty can also show proven benefits in the sinus. Many people during their rhinoplasty recovery have testified to this. It is also helpful in dealing with deviated septum issues. If you wish to undergo rhinoplasty for medical purposes, a doctor would be the best person to answer all your queries related to the procedure, details, and recovery time for rhinoplasty.
Also, several people want to achieve better symmetry to get balanced facial proportions. Rhinoplasty can correct nostril width and shape, bridge width, humps or depression on the nose, improper nasal tip, and much more.
What happens during rhinoplasty surgery?
Before deciding on the procedure, get a complete idea of the steps of the surgery and rhinoplasty recovery:
- Anaesthesia: To ensure a comfortable experience, doctors would first administer anaesthesia. It can be intravenous sedation or general anaesthesia. As per your health condition, the doctor would suggest the best option.
- Incision: Rhinoplasty can be performed as a close procedure by a hidden nose incision or as an open procedure where the insidious are made on the arrow tip separating the nostrils. The skin which covers the nasal bone and cartilage is carefully lifted to allow access for reshaping the nose.
- Reshaping: A big nose can be reshaped to a smaller one by removing some bone or cartilage. It may also require adding some cartilage grafts in the area. The cartilage grafts are made from the cartilage from the partition between the nose. In rare cases, the cartilage can be extracted from the ears or the rib cage.
- Correction: If the patient has deviated septum, the septum is straightened, and the projections blocking the air pathway are reduced to improve breathing.
- Closing of incisions: As soon as the shaping and sculpting of the nose procedure are complete, the nasal skin and tissue are redraped, and incisions are closed. The doctor might perform additional surgeries on the creases of the nose to adjust them later.
- Recovery and results: For the first few days during the recovery time for rhinoplasty, your nose would be covered with splints and gauze to support the new contour.
You can get to know more about Nose job recovery by getting in touch with us at ALCS India. Our doctors are highly qualified plastic surgeons who would give you a clear idea of nose job recovery, the extent of pain, the surgery steps, how much recovery time for rhinoplasty is required and much more. So contact us at ALCS India and bid goodbye to your worries related to nose job recovery.
What happens during rhinoplasty recovery?
The results of rhinoplasty are gradual. It would take around a year for the recovery nose job and the swelling to decrease. However, some people might notice faster rhinoplasty recovery as the tissues begin to heal and the nose shape is evident.
The softer tissues of the nose would need more time to return to a normal state than any other body tissue. Hence, even though I can see a difference in 3 to 4 of the recovery nose jobs, the final results would take several months.
Pain and inflammation would be higher in the initial recovery nose job period. You would also notice it under your eyes and cheeks area, which would eventually heal. The surgeon would give you instructions to follow during your recovery time for rhinoplasty. It would include medications, instructions, postoperative care, follow-ups, etc. Make sure to abide by all the interventions during your rhinoplasty recovery for successful results.
How to choose the right plastic surgeon?
Make sure to go with a doctor who has high experience in dealing with the type of appearance you want for yourself. Always opt for a nationally certified and trained doctor. Have a one-to-one consultation session and ensure that you are comfortable and clear all your doubts about the procedure. It would be best to take a look at their previous work. Go through the before and after transformations. It helps you clarify whether they can perform and give you the desired results. If you have, you can also provide them with photos of the kind of nose you want by rhinoplasty.
Thus, undergoing a rhinoplasty would significantly boost your confidence levels. In addition, a slight change in your facial features would add a lot more to your overall satisfaction and hence can improve the overall quality of your life. So, book your appointment now at the ALCS clinic for safe and effective rhinoplasty surgery.