If you are suffering from hair loss and now in search of a permanent remedy that can put an end to this trouble, then you are in the right place. Under such circumstances, the first thing that you must do is get in touch with an experienced hair surgeon who will be able to suggest the best treatment option. In general, there is only one option that helps to address any balding condition, and that is a hair transplant procedure.
A hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical method that involves extracting hair follicles from the donor area of the scalp and then implanting those hair follicles to the recipient area of the scalp to achieve the most desirable natural appearing result. The best part about undergoing this procedure is it involves a short recovery time and least complications only if you strictly adhere to the post-op instructions that are provided by your surgeon.
Even though there are minimal chances of infections, but one should not completely overlook the possibilities of risks that are associated with this surgical process as that can significantly impact the outcome of the surgery. Immediately after undergoing the procedure, the surgeons generally provide their patients with a post-op instruction that must be followed strictly to avoid the chances of any infections. Additionally, during the recovery period, the hair surgeon mostly prescribes some antibiotics and painkillers to reduce the chances of infection and pain. Mentioned below are some easy tricks that can help you ditch infections after undergoing hair transplant surgery.
- Refraining from exercises- During the recovery time, one should altogether avoid participating in any strenuous activities like sports, weightlifting for at least a few days or until your surgeon allows you. So patients must avoid strenuous activities during this time as that results in excessive sweating, making it a suitable environment for bacteria’s and viruses to prolifer in the treated area. Therefore, this can increase the chances of infection and may also give rise to some undesirable complications that may affect the final result.
- Taking the prescribed medicines regularly- As you know, after undergoing this surgical procedure, surgeons generally prescribe some medications for pain and antibiotics to reduce the chances of any infection. So patients need to complete the full medicine course as that will help to recover quickly and safely.
- Avoid scratching the treated area- When the transplanted area starts to heal, some crusts and scabs tend to develop on the treated area. Now, this scabbing or crusting will give rise to itchiness on the scalp, and you may have an urge to scratch your scalp. But you must necessarily refrain from rubbing your scalp and especially the wounds as that will not only increase the chances of infection but may also dislodge the transplanted hair follicles.
- Wash your scalp regularly- Even though the patients are not allowed to wash their hair immediately after undergoing the process. But after 3 to 4 days, they can be taking a regular bath to maintain hygiene and to keep the scalp free from dirt or dandruff. Most of the patients are provided with a prescribed medicated shampoo that they must start using after two weeks of the surgery.
- Maintaining cleanliness- Cleanliness is an essential factor to avoid the risks of any infection, especially after undergoing hair transplant surgery. During the recovery period, the patients must make sure that they do not touch their scalp with dirty hands as that can lead to a complicated situation.
- Being watchful- While recovering from a hair transplant, it is crucial to monitor your progress very carefully, and you must also inspect the treatment site daily. If you feel some mild infirmities like pain, redness, then be sure that those are temporary side effects and will disappear within a few days. But if these conditions persist, then you must consult with your surgeon immediately.
If you think, these tips were helpful for you, and you want to gather more information about hair transplant surgery, then you may consider booking an initial consultation at ALCS, Jaipur. Here you will be able to talk with Dr Sunil Arora, one of the leading hair surgeons of the city who will provide you with the best suggestions regarding your hair loss condition and the best treatment approach for you.