Can Laser Treatments Erase Tummy Tuck Scars?
Tummy Tuck is an increasingly popular cosmetic procedure that is undergone by numerous women each year. So, tummy tuck or Abdominoplasty is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures available that involves removing the excess skin and tissue and also tightening the abdominal muscles. Anyone experiencing this procedure under the guidance of an experienced surgeon is most likely to experience a firm and toned abdominal area.
However, unlike other surgical procedures, Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty also comes with some scarring. Most of the experienced surgeons attempt to create scars to the hidden areas of the bodyline like the bikini line as reducing the visibility of scarring is vital in any cosmetic procedure. So the best way to assure minimal scarring is by selecting one of the most experienced board-certified surgeons who has gained the highest level of training and must necessarily adhere to the stringent ethical standards.
But if your cosmetic surgeon has not yet been able to place scars in some of the hidden areas. Then you may choose to undergo a laser skin resurfacing in combination with other treatments that are highly effective for reducing the appearance of scars. Among all the different treatment options, Vascular laser treatment can help to speed up the scar healing process.
Vascular Laser Treatment
The vascular laser treatment is one of the most potent regenerative therapies that can help to resolve various skin conditions, including improving scar texture, skin discolouration, the appearance of stretch marks and much more. When the laser treatment penetrates the skin, it transfers some amount of energy to the skin that stimulates the body’s natural healing process without destroying any of the neighbouring skin or tissues. The laser therapy also allows the collagen and elastin build-up rapidly that enhances skin healing without employing any invasive methods.
The laser treatment is usually considered as one of the least invasive treatments that also stimulates the body’s natural healing abilities. However, you will not be able to see the final improvement in your skin texture and quality after continuing a few sessions.
In general, to reduce the appearance of scarring, most of the tummy tuck patients require two or more sessions in the gap of several months to accomplish the most desirable appearance.
Ways to reduce scarring at home
Mentioned below are some post-op instructions that must be followed to reduce the appearance of scarring. At ALCS clinic Jaipur, you will be able to receive a customised set of post-op instructions that must be followed meticulously to accomplish the most desirable result-
- Patients immediately after undergoing a surgical process must avoid walking and be in complete rest to maintain stable blood circulation, reduce swelling and also lower the risk of formation of blood clots.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes or consumption of tobacco for at least six weeks.
- You must drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and vegetables so that your body receives all the vital nutrients that are required to heal your body.
- You must avoid strenuous activities, exercise, and weight lifting for at least a month or more to ensure healing.
- Immediately after undergoing the surgical procedure, it is essential to avoid exerting any pressure or stress to the treatment area.
- You must avoid sexual activities for the first three to four weeks after undergoing the surgical process.
- Last but not least, your surgeon may also recommend you to use Vitamin E oil on the scarring area to improve the appearance and also to keep the skin hydrated and supple.
Other scar reduction options
Scar tissue is a new skin that is quite different from the existing one and may also react differently to the sun rays. So to reduce scarring and protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays, you must make sure that you apply sunscreen before going out to avoid the darkening of the scar tissue. To receive the best results, you must make sure that you are using SPF 30 or more. To know which scar treatment alternative is best for you, consider consulting with Dr Sunil Arora at ALCS, Jaipur who will be able to provide you with the best choice to reduce visible scarring after a Tummy Tuck surgery.