There are factors you should be considering to improve the quality of your hair. A few of them are as follows:
- Zinc: Zinc is known to be one of the most crucial elements for the betterment of your body. Its deficiency can cause hair loss and balding. So you should regularly consume fruits and vegetables (especially the leafy greens), etc. and drink as much clean water every day as possible. You can also take zinc supplements to improve your hair quality.
- Correct Shampoo: Using harmful hair products is one of the most prominent causes of bad hair. It can also lead to the deterioration of your hair quality. Do not use shampoos with hard ingredients like ammonium lauryl sulphate and sodium lauryl sulphate.
- Protein Intake: Enhancing your protein intake is one of the best things to improve your hair quality. Regularly consuming around 45g of protein in your diet would make a huge difference. Dairy products (low-fat), lean meat, fish, beans, and chicken can help you grow better hair.
- Omega-fats: Fatty acids loaded with omega-three can restore your hair follicles to improve the quality. A few good sources of omega-three are cottage cheese, salad, flax seeds, cereal, yoghurt, etc.
Now that we have told you how to improve your hair quality, you might also want to try out a few tips for the maintenance of your hair:
- Let your hair dry by itself (rather than using a dryer).
- Scalp massage for better hair growth.
- Try not to use hair straighteners or dryers and let your hair breathe.
- Constant hair cuts might stop any split-ends.
Following these simple enhancement and maintenance instructions might be the answer to your query, “How to increase my hair quality?”.
Clean Eating Habits
You are defined by what you eat when it comes to your hair and general health. Having a nourishing diet will restore your hair follicles. In addition, you should have leafy greens, iron and vitamin D to rejuvenate your hair and improve its quality.
Maintain Your Health
Maintaining your health is of extreme importance and one of the crucial answers to ‘how to improve the quality of hair.’ Be sure to have regular check-ups as the doctors can tell you about any issue with your thyroid, etc., as it can be the reason for your dull hair.
Stress is a triggering factor in several health conditions. It channels the positive energy required to maintain the hair quality and growth elsewhere. For example, events causing stress like hospitalization or death of a family member or childbirth can lead to telogen effluvium. But the hair loss to deteriorating quality due to stress is not permanent. So if you are pondering how to improve the quality of your hair, you might want to bring down the stress as much as you can.
Heat And Hair Products
Hairstyling is very important to many people, and two of the prominent practices involved are hair straightening and hair drying. Both of them require heating the hair, which can affect the quality of hair. Hair products like wax and hair spray are also used along with heating methods. It is an effective way of ensuring a great hairstyle. But using them too frequently might worsen the quality of your hair.
Analyze Your Hair Patterns
The scalp and hair are different for everyone. The products and practices working for your friend or relative might not work for you. So carefully analyze how your hair reacts to other hair products like shampoos and oils. People have a myth that washing hair too frequently might increase the rate of hair loss. But it can not be further from the truth. It is completely fine if you wash your hair daily, and in fact, it can be a possible answer to ‘how to improve the quality of hair.’
Check-Up with Dermatologist
If you experience any issues with your hair or scalp, visit your dermatologist at the earliest. Choose a board-certified dermatologist with vast experience in the field. The hair loss or worsened hair quality might be due to conditions like androgenetic alopecia (genetic hair loss). The doctor might recommend you with several treatment options like oral medications (finasteride, spironolactone, dutasteride), topical medications like rogaine, procedures like PRP hair transplant or vitamin supplements (Nutrafol or Viviscal).
If you have any queries or doubts about how to improve the quality of hair, you might want to consider consulting with Dr Sunil Arora at ALCS India.