Hair fall, hair thinning and balding are the most unexpected and undesired things that can happen to anyone’s life. But several medical advancements have finally been able to find out one such solution that can help to restore natural hair by undergoing a Hair Transplant surgery.
Hair Transplant Surgery Overview
Now hair fall can occur due to several reasons like stress, pollution, side effects of medicines, hereditary, etc. The Hair transplant treatment has seen an exponential growth rate around the globe; India being one of them due to the growing concern of hair loss, This has led more and more people to opt for this hair loss treatment.
But it is essential to consult with an experienced surgeon to undergo this surgical hair restoration procedure. Dr Sunil Arora from ALCS Jaipur usually provides the best guidance when it comes to choosing the right treatment procedure for his patients.
There are primarily two types of hair transplant procedures that are known to be the most effective- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). In the FUE procedure, individual hair grafts are disengaged from the donor area and then grafted to the recipient area. Whereas, in the FUT procedure, the surgeons usually removes a skin strip from the donor area. This strip is segregated into small follicular units and then transplanted to the recipient area.
The best part about undergoing such hair restoration procedures is the most desirable result. By the end of 9 to 10 months, most of the patients will find hair slowly growing in the treatment area. But before and after undergoing this procedure, it is essential to follow instructions that are provided by the surgeon to ensure a safe recovery period.
Below mentioned are some points that can help to speed up the hair growth after undergoing hair transplant surgery-
- Strictly follow the post-surgery instructions that are provided by your doctor. Patients must never miss to take or apply any medication to avoid unnecessary damage to the sections of transplanted hair.
- Patients can only use a shampoo that is approved by their hair surgeon to keep the scalp and the surrounding areas clean and then gently pat the scalp dry.
- Keep your fingers away! Due to the formation of scabs, most of the patients may experience itching. But, the patients must avoid touching the treated area, no matter how difficult it is. They must try not to get overwhelmed by those sensations and never end up scratching their head as it may result in the displacement of all the newly transplanted hair follicles.
- Patients need to avoid all physical activities as much as possible for at least 10-14 days after the surgery. They can only resume their activities only if their surgeon instructs.
- According to the University of Maryland Medical Centre, it has been found that treating a gentle massage on the scalp with some essential oils that comprise of rosemary, sage and mint, and olive oil has shown a significant effect on speeding up hair growth. But patients can only do this if their hair surgeon permits.
- Drinking at least 2-3 litres of water is crucial for the patients as that will help to remove unnecessary and harmful toxins from the body. Keeping the body hydrated can speed up the healing procedure heading to comparatively faster hair growth.
- A balanced diet is vital! A diet that has sufficient amounts of protein, iron and all the essential nutrients is essential. So the patients must include plenty of veggies like broccoli and beans and some anti-oxidants items like cherries, blueberries, tomatoes etc. All of these elements can help to stimulate the overall hair growth rate.
- Consumption of alcohol, aerated drinks and caffeine must be avoided as much as possible. Smoking cigarettes must also be stopped as that can generate a significant impact on hair growth.
- The patients must also take vitamin B6 tablets can remarkably boost the growth rate and increase hair strength.
All that being said, it is essential to choose your surgeon wisely. If you are in Jaipur and want to get in touch with the best Hair Transplant surgeon, then don’t hesitate to book a consultation at ALCS clinic and get the best treatment under Dr Sunil Arora.