Deciding to have a plastic surgery procedure is a big deal as it involves investing huge time, funds and hopes into a single method. Some of the most common plastic surgery procedure includes Abdominoplasty, facelift surgery, liposuction provides life-changing results and helps to boost their confidence.
So plastic surgery patients should, however, realize that it is extremely crucial to maintain the finished result. Even though some slight changes to the final result over time is inevitable. In this article, we will be discussing the best ways that can help to maintain the plastic surgery results.
- Pay attention to your skin– Proper post-surgical care can make a huge difference in preventing scarring and maintaining good skin care daily. Many procedures have a specific post-op requirement in terms of keeping the treatment area clean and hygienic. The use of any harsh or fragranced cleaners must also be avoided as that can cause damage to the area of treatment as that can lead to infection. Furthermore, to maintain the optimum skin health, it is also essential for you to listen to your surgeon and follow the post-operative instructions that are provided to you. Many cosmetic procedures can leave the skin in a damaged and vulnerable condition making it more susceptible to damage from prolonged sun exposure. For such cases, it is essential to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays during the healing period.
- Practice healthy habits– It will come to no surprise that tobacco cannot only stress out your body and skin, but it will also slow down the body’s healing process. No matter what surgical procedure you undergo, you must avoid consumption of tobacco both before and after experiencing the surgery because the nicotine content in it usually interferes with the healing process. Additionally, consumption of alcohol is also hazardous to your body as that can inflate your waistline. The best way to dodge skin damage is to limit the consumption of alcohol. So if you crave for a youthful appearance, then practising healthy habit is essential.
- Exercise regularly– If you have invested a lot of money on acquiring a beautiful appearance, then you should also spend a considerable time to recover from the surgery. Apart from maintaining a healthy diet; the patients will need to work out regularly for 30 to 60 minutes each day to keep their body contoured. After their procedure, the patients may need to start with light exercises and then gradually progress according to the surgeon’s advice. Exercising not only helps to maintain your new body contour, but it will also make you feel more energized and happy.
- Eat healthily– Eating right is just as crucial as exercising regularly. Foods that are high in sugar, dairy and refined grains can increase any inflammation, swelling and pain. So immediately after recovering from surgery, it is a great idea to continue following a healthy diet and relish less healthy treats, especially if you have had undergone any body moulding procedure. You must never forget to include proteins, fruits, lots of vegetables and whole grains to maintain a proper post-surgical shape. Last but the most crucial part is to stay hydrated while recovering from any procedure as that helps your body to heal correctly.
- Destress your life– Prolonged physical, emotional and mental stress can take a toll on your health. Stress can also have a notable impact on how long your surgery result may last. However, you may also try out yoga as that offers a way for you to relax your mind and body allowing you to strike a balance and help to reduce the impact of a stressful situation by boosting up your body’s ability to heal.
- Consider non–surgical touch-ups when required– No amount of healthy eating, exercise or meditation will ever pause the ageing process. Still, it can help to extend the life of your plastic surgery results. So if you are looking for little external touch-ups in maintaining your post-surgery body contour, then you might also choose to experience some non-surgical maintenance procedures to sustain the finished result.
Do you want to experience a plastic surgery procedure and want to maintain your plastic surgery result? Then you may contact the professionals at the ALCS clinic Jaipur and get the best guidance by Dr. Sunil Arora. Schedule your consultation today!