Stress – It’s a word that has become the factor that our lives revolve around. In these competition-driven times, everyone is trying to one-up each other, which induces ranks of stress. Other than affecting our health and well being, one of the aspects most affected by our stress levels in our hair. Stress results in white blood cells or WBC attacking our hair follicles.
Due to the stress combined with genetics (in some people), hair loss and baldness is becoming increasingly common in people, especially for ages 20 to 30. At this young age, hair loss or baldness massively affects your appearance. It grows an inferiority complex leading to low self-esteem.
The unparalleled permanent solution to baldness is hair transplantation. It involves pulling out live roots of hair follicles and inserting them onto the baldness affected area. A few interesting facts about hair transplantation are as follows:
- Hair transplantation does not necessarily give you a full head of hair. It depends on several factors like hair types (thick, thin, curly, etc.), the volume of hair in the donor area, the scale of alopecia and various other individualistic factors.
- Hair transplant treatment does not require an overnight stay in the hospital after the procedure. The patients are usually sent home after the treatment.
- It generally takes one or two sittings to successfully complete hair transplantation.
- The doctor chosen by you should tell you if hair transplantation is the best choice for you. It is based on the extent of alopecia or baldness and the kind of damage it has caused to your scalp. They should also suggest to you the appropriate treatment option.
- In certain instances, the doctor might decide to remove the roots with hair follicles from other body parts like chest wall, legs, beard, arms, etc. and implant them into your scalp.
- Hair transplantation is a surgical treatment for androgenic alopecia in all men and women. The roots with hair follicles are removed from the more hair abundant and less visible part of the head and implanted onto the scalp.
- Hair transplant can also treat spotted or uneven beard, eyebrows, chest hair, genital hair, etc. But a doctor’s consultation is advised before you choose to go through with the body hair transplantation.
- FUE and FUT are the two methods of hair transplant. In FUT or Follicular Unit Transplantation, a thin section of skin with hair follicles is taken off from the occiput of your head. Then the hair follicles are individually extracted from the strip and planted on the less hair abundant area of the scalp. After the wound is closed, there might be a single thin scar left behind.
In FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction, individual hair follicles are extracted randomly from the donor area of the back of your head and planted onto your scalp. It gives them the liberty to extract hair from the area with relatively better volume. Unlike the FUT, the FUE does not result in a scar.
The method of hair transplant is chosen by the doctor based on the scale of your androgenetic alopecia and the number of grafts required to cover it.
- There’s a myth among the masses that just men go through hair transplantation. People believe that baldness affects men more than women. But anyone affected by hair loss and baldness, be it a man or a woman, is an appropriate candidate for a hair transplant.
- Post-operative care plays a massive role to achieve the best and most successful results and a good recovery in the case of any surgical treatment. After the surgery for hair transplantation, you should follow whatever instructions have been provided by the doctor, to the point. The medications and drugs prescribed by the doctor should be taken in the correct dosage at the right times. There are certain activities you should avoid, such as swimming, heavy exercise and prolonged exposure to the sun, for a minimum of 3 weeks or as recommended by the doctor. After the procedure, make sure to avoid using hair products for no less than a month.
- The treatment cost for hair transplantation differs in various hospitals depending upon the number of hair grafts transplanted, facility charges, cost of treatment, etc.
If you seek hair transplantation in Jaipur, visit ALCS India or book an online appointment for a consultation with Dr Sunil Arora.