Deciding on getting a hair transplant process is critical and needs careful thinking. Since it is a surgical procedure, there is always some doubt and questions before undergoing a hair transplant. So, one should know a few important things about the procedure. There are various misconceptions and false facts about hair transplants that people believe in. These tend to hamper one’s decision or make them expect unrealistic outcomes.
The demand for the process of hair transplant is growing rapidly as it is the only treatment for hair loss that provides a permanent solution. The increased demand has led to increased competition, so the process cost in Jaipur has significantly decreased. Though it has become easier for people to get transplants, it needs a lot of research to search for the best clinic.
So, one should better understand the hair restoration process before having the treatment. At ALCS Clinic, we provide complete transparency to make our patients receive satisfying results. Our surgeon, Dr Sunil Arora, is a highly skilled surgeon who makes patients understand the hair transplant procedure step-by-step. It helps to set realistic and reasonable expectations before the patient.
Hair Transplant cosmetic surgery
A hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that helps to restore the hair follicle. The method involves extracting follicle units from the donor area with high hair density and implanting them into the desired bald area. The surgeon should have exceptional surgical and artistic skills to perform the surgery.
Basic factors that one should know at the time of a hair transplant procedure:
- The procedure is strictly restorative. It involves moving hair follicles from one part to another. The process shouldn’t be confused with regenerative therapy that replaces lost hair follicles.
- You will have to wait several months to get the complete results. At six months, the hair growth becomes visible.
- Hair loss can still happen near the transplanted hairs, but it does not prevent hair loss. With a properly performed transplant, the hairs remain for the patient’s life.
- Technological advancements have enabled permanent, natural results that look just like a normal hairline.
- Like any other surgical procedure, a hair transplant is not without risk or complication. That is why it needs to be carried out by skilled surgeons.
These are some of the facts that one should keep in mind at the time of the hair transplant process.
Hair transplant procedure step by step
At the time of the hair transplant process, the following steps are performed by a specialised and authorised plastic or cosmetic surgeon:
- Local anaesthesia: Before the procedure is started, local anaesthesia is given. A single dosage before the start of the procedure is sufficient. The effect remains for 12 hours. It helps patients not to feel any pain or discomfort at the time of the hair transplant procedure.
- Grafts harvesting from the donor site: The grafts are harvested from the donor site where hair density is high, generally the back or side of the head. There two primary hair transplant techniques differ in the harvesting procedures:
- FUT hair grafting (Follicular unit transplantation or strip technique): FUT technique involves extracting the strip from the donor area with follicular hair units. The desired strip is extracted from the head’s back or side with sufficient hair follicles. It is then sent to the lab to dissect further under a microscope. Afterwards, the follicular units are implanted in the bald area.
- FUE hair transplant (Follicular unit extraction): This hair replacement technique extracts the hair follicle units individually from the donor area. A punch-like surgical instrument is used to pluck out the roots. Then each unit is implanted into the desired area.
- Slitting the recipient area: After harvesting the grafts from either technique, the recipient area is prepared for implantation. This step needs to be performed carefully because it impacts the overall results of the transplantation. It takes exceptional surgical skills and artistic sense to accomplish slitting precisely.
- Transplantation of hair roots: Finally, the harvested follicular grafts are implanted at the desired area in the prepared slits. The arrangement, alignment and angulations of follicular grafts are considered for natural-looking hair.
These are the steps that are involved at the time of the hair transplant procedure. From this, we understand the importance of choosing an experienced and skilled surgeon.
ALCS clinic is a leading clinic for hair transplants. It is among the top clinics not only in Jaipur but all over India. We have the availability of cutting-edge technology to provide outcomes that are ideal for patients. Our medical team, led by Dr Sunil Arora, is highly skilled.
Dr Sunil Arora is an experienced and reputed cosmetic surgeon who has done wonders in the hair transplant field. He has an extraordinary record of successful surgeries. So, if you are considering getting a hair transplant, the ALCS clinic will be your best choice. So, book your appointment now!